"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music.

I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get the most joy in life out of music."

~ Albert Einstein

Friday, October 3, 2014

Taizé - Iedere nacht verlang ik

Taizé is a small village in eastern France. For over 50 years, it has been the home of a Christian monastic community made up of brothers from many different countries, speaking many different languages and, uniquely, belonging to several different Christian denominations. Catholics, Anglicans, Protestants, Orthodox and others live and pray together, share a simple life and welcome the tens of thousands of visitors who come to spend time with them every year from all over the world. The community has developed a unique style of meditative singing which focuses on the repetitive chanting of short phrases from the Bible and other Christian texts in a range of languages.
 
The Taizé community is known for its simple and beautiful chants used in worship. This one is called LIedere nacht verlang ik (My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you.)



-

No comments:

Post a Comment