"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music.

I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get the most joy in life out of music."

~ Albert Einstein

Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Lord Is My Shepherd (Goodall)

"The Lord Is My Shepherd," by Howard Goodall is a lovely example of English choral music. If you are a fan of The Vicar Of Dibley, you've heard a portion of this one in the closing credits. Notes from the YouTube post:

The Choir of Wells Cathedral, Somerset, under the direction of Matthew Owens, perform Howard Goodall's setting of Psalm 23, 'The Lord is My Shepherd'.... This particular musical setting for choir and orchestra is well-known for having served as the theme music to the television programme 'The Vicar of Dibley', where the Choir of Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford and soloist George Humphries recorded the track.  The choir here is accompanied by the Wells Cathedral School Chamber Orchestra. Treble solos by William de Chazal, former Head Chorister at Wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment