"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music.

I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get the most joy in life out of music."

~ Albert Einstein

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Byzantine Chant: Turn Not Thy Face

Turn Not Thy Face 
Medieval Byzantine Chant of the Great Lent.
Title: "Μη αποστρέψης" (Turn not Thy face)
Performers: Greek Byzantine Choir


English version of Great Prokeimenon - First of Lent

Turn not thy face away from thy servant
For I am afflicted
Quickly hear me
Attend unto my soul and deliver it

Verse 1: Let Thy salvation, O God, help me.
Verse 2: Let the poor see it and be glad.
Verse 3: Seek God, and your soul shall live.

Found at http://www.antiochian.org/music/library/891?search=%28Turn+not+Thy+face%29

-

No comments:

Post a Comment