"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music.

I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get the most joy in life out of music."

~ Albert Einstein

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom - Musical excerpts


From the YouTube Notes:

The Divine Liturgy, θεία λειτουργία, of St. John Chrysostom is the second most practiced Liturgy in Christendom (next to the Roman rite Mass). This video is a tribute to the great Liturgy of the east, not a live presentation of it. This is the primarily used Divine Liturgy of the Eastern Churches (Catholic and Schismatic). This video contains a number of images of the Liturgy in practice across a wide array of churches and rites.

The musical selections, from the CD "Sacred Treasures" are (in order):

The Great Ektenia at 0:01
Cherubic Hymn at 3:42
Amen and With Thy Spirit at 7:56
and Otche Nash at 9:11

God bless you all.

Music
"Our Father" by Bulgarian National Choir


-

No comments:

Post a Comment