"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music.

I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get the most joy in life out of music."

~ Albert Einstein

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Psalm 53 in Aramaic (Assyrian Chaldean Catholic Church)

When Pope Francis went to the Republic of Georgia, he visited the Chaldean Catholic Church of St. Simon in the city of Tbilisi (Vatican Radio has the story here). There he met with representatives of the Assyrian Chaldean community (members of the Assyrian diaspora). While he visited the church, they sang this hymn with the words from Psalm 53 in Aramaic (the language that Jesus spoke). The music is spine-tingling. Nothing like it in the Western Churches.

 



-

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. nhacthanhcavietnam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been surfing online more than 5 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours without a doubt. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Thanks... convert youtube to mp3

    ReplyDelete