"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music.

I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get the most joy in life out of music."

~ Albert Einstein

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Here Is Love Vast As the Ocean (Welsh)

"Here is Love Vast as the Ocean" is a Welsh Protestant hymn written around 1870. It became a prominent hymn in the Welsh Revival of 1904 which was a spiritual movement that swept across the entire country. To see the hymn text, music settings, and to read about its authors go to Hymnary.org. To find out more about the Welsh Revival here. To learn how the hymn became known as "the love song of the Welsh Revival, and for links to other renditions of the song, go here.






-

2 comments:

  1. After listening to this, I had to seek out an English translation for the words. I preferred the instruments in this version. Beautiful song, but not one I grew up with in my former church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new one for me, too! I found it interesting to read about it's history and the Welsh Revival phenomenon.

      Delete