"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music.

I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get the most joy in life out of music."

~ Albert Einstein

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Come, Come Whoever You Are (Rumi)

"Come, Come Whoever You Are," is a wonderfully inviting song taking its text from a poem by Rumi (music by Lynn Ungar). A perennial favorite among Unitarian congregations, it is sung here by the Chancel Choir at the First Unitarian Church of Oakland. As you can hear, it works beautifully as a round.





Come, come, whoever you are,
wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving.
Ours is no caravan of despair.
Come, yet again come.

The original poem by Rumi is even more radical:

Come, Come whoever you are,
Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving,
It doesn’t matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow
a tousand times.
Come, yet again, come, come.



_

No comments:

Post a Comment